I have been really anticipating this month’s Citrus Lane box ever since they leaked the theme: Fun in the Sun. I was sure it would include some sunscreen, and maybe a hat or swim toy. I was pretty darn close! This month’s box was a big improvement over last month, which was great, but not as awesome as prior months, and you should have heard my daughter squeal when we opened it and she got to play with everything. I almost did a video unboxing, but decided against it, and I’m sorry I didn’t. Her reaction was priceless – and that’s why I remain a Citrus Lane customer each month!
- iPlay Sun Protection Hat ($15 at iplaybabywear.com) – Oh, we are so lucky. I think we got the best print out of the bunch! The sun hat is double-sided, ours is pink paisley on one side and green with flowers on the other. It’s reversible and I’m impressed by the details – the hat’s ties from one side will fit through these tiny slits on the side if you want to wear the hat the other way. It’s big and floppy and perfect for swimming and playing at the park. Abby adores it and so do I!
- Green Toys Sand Play Set ($22 at greentoys.com) – I knew that the Citrus Lane box this month would contain a toy, and from what I saw on Facebook (have I mentioned I love spoilers?) I saw that the babies were getting big teething toys, the middle tots seemed to be getting these really neat-looking stacking cups, but I was holding out hope we’d end up with sand bucket set and we did! This is what set Abby off squealing with delight. It’s so nice and sturdy, I’m really very pleased with it! And since it’s from Green Toys, it’s eco-friendly (made from recycled milk containers!). Abby has toted it all over, she won’t put it down – it even went out to dinner with us at a restaurant last night.
- Plum Organics Teensy Fruits ($3 for a box of five) – There have been a few times that I’ve picked up a box of these at Target and then put it back down, wanting to try them, but not sure if Abby would like them or not. Needless to say, I’m happy we’ve had a chance to sample them! We got three packets of the apple flavor, and they are what they say, teeny fruit snacks, really perfect for little ones just starting out with a snack like this. Abby ended up not liking them, but I’m going to give it another try with her soon.
- Episencial Sunny Sunscreen ($9 at episencial.com) – I received two travel-sized Sunny Sunscreens, and though I haven’t tried this yet, I did see that it’s got a score of 2 on the Skin Deep Database (which is good!!). I’m looking forward to sticking one of these in my purse and the other in our travel bag!
- Clean Well Disinfectant Spray ($4.50 at CleanWellToday.com) – This is kind of a nice alternative to Lysol to have. I’ve used Clean Well hand sanitizer before and this disinfectant spray smells pretty much the same – like a cleaning agent, but since it’s from Clean Well, I know it’s safer for me and my family.
- Joyus.com $15 certificate – This gift certificate is a great way for me to be introduced to Joyus.com, a product discovery shopping site – I’ve already got my eye on a couple things and am just waiting to decide how I want to spend my $15 gift certificate there! If you’re interested in joining Joyus, you can sign up with my referral link here and get an instant $10 credit ;)
This month’s total value is right around $65, so that’s a great value considering it’s only a $25/month subscription! Remember, I get the toddler box, and though the boxes varied this month based on age, they didn’t seem to vary as much as before. I’m really pleased with the products we got and can’t wait to find out what next month’s theme is!
Want 10% off your subscription? You can subscribe to Citrus Lane here and get $10 off your first box!
I’d love to hear what you think of Citrus Lane, if you have had a chance to try it yet! I don’t know yet what to expect for next month as they haven’t released “spoilers” yet, but I’m crossing my fingers it will be great!