February’s Citrus Lane box was only my second since subscribing, and, again, I’m pretty impressed. The boxes I’ve received from Citrus Lane so far have been a good fit for me and my toddler because I’ve been exposed to new-to-me products from companies I haven’t been familiar with before, and my daughter has gotten toys that I wouldn’t normally buy for her. The “Play To Learn” themed box was spot on to that philosophy, it included some really great products that we wouldn’t have otherwise been exposed to!
- Plan Toys Fruit and Vegetable Play Set ($20 at plantoys.com) – Honestly, I was going to keep this packed away for baby shower gift, I thought it was a little “young” for my Abby. Boy, was I wrong! She spotted it and asked to play with it and she was in heaven. She kept “cutting” the fruit and shouting, “I did it!” I was so proud! LOL! Another something I didn’t expect: my seven-year-old liked playing with them, too. These toys are great because they’re made sustainably from reclaimed rubber wood and are non-toxic (which is good because they almost always end up in Abby’s mouth). This was one of those items that I wouldn’t buy for my kid, but having it now I see how much she would love it, so I’m glad it was included in this box!
- Baby Bug Magazine ($3.75/issue at cricketmag.com) – I had no idea there was a magazine targeted for babies and toddlers ages 6 month to 3 years. It’s fantastic! It’s not a magazine in the traditional sense, there’s no advertising, and it comes in the size of a board book. This February issue had about four or five short stories or poems and it was a fun little read for Abby and I.
- You Are My Little Bird CD by Elizabeth Mitchell ($12 at folkways.si.edu) – We love Elizabeth Mitchell, so I couldn’t be more pleased to have received a full-length CD of hers in our box! It does not disappoint and is exactly what I expect from her. If you haven’t heard her music, I suggest you do, it’s fantastic! This CD is full of fun and “calm” music.
- Petite Lemon Alphabet Print (est. value $12.50 at petitelemon.com) – Typically, alphabet posters at Petite Lemon are sized 16 x 20, but this print is 8.5 x 11, so I set an estimated value, considering. It is so nice and beautifully presented. I need to make a really nice frame for it. This is the one thing in the box this month that I am going to give away as a gift, but I am glad to be able to experience the quality of Petite Lemon products.
- 479 Popcorn Fleur de Sel Caramel ($1.99 at 479popcorn.com) – O….M….G….I wasn’t too excited to try this, it wasn’t really “up my alley” flavor-wise, so I thought I’d just let my husband have at it, but when he was snacking on it I tried a few pieces and I was in heaven. The popcorn literally melted in my mouth, it was so delicious! I will definitely be purchasing from this company in the future. This is a perfect example of why I love box subscriptions – because I find things I love that I wouldn’t have otherwise known about!
Well, there you have the February Citrus Lane “Play to Learn” box! For my $25 subscription rate this month I got almost $50 in product. I think that’s a great deal! You can learn more about and subscribe to Citrus Lane here.