I’ve had my eye on a monthly subscription to Yuzen for a while now, and finally took the plunge earlier this month. Yuzen is a monthly subscription box of health, beauty, and wellness products curated specifically to bring the subscriber a “little zen” each month. I’ve been oooh-ing and aaaah-ing the last few month’s over my friends’ boxes, so I was pretty excited to receive my first box. Needless to say, I was really pleased :) Here’s a peek inside my January Yuzen box:
- Acure Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo and Conditioner (deluxe sample sizes)
- Aromafloria Stress Less Foaming Bubble Bath (full sized, 9 oz $13)
- Essence of Vali Sleep–a Bedtime Ritual (sample vial)
- Pangea Organics Italian Red Mandarin with Rose Discovery Cream (full sized, 1 oz $16)
- Shea Terra Organics Moroccan Argan Oil (sample size)
- Sweet Riot Cacao Nibs (full sized, $4) – These are super delicious!! I love them!
- Tilvee Lavender & Lemon Hydrating Lip Balm (full sized, $7)
- Misc. brochures and coupons, including a DVD from GaiamTV with an offer for a free 10 day subscription.
I am overjoyed with my first Yuzen box and only wish I had subscribed earlier. No sooner did I join when I found out they are transitioning from monthly subs to a seasonal service. Subscribers will receive January and February’s box, as normal, but after that the seasonal boxes will begin in May. To the best of my knowledge, subscription rates will stay the same at $26 a box with free shipping. I have every confidence that their seasonal boxes will be even more outstanding than their monthly boxes.
The few things that I look for when I subscribe to a box is, first and foremost, did I get my money’s worth, which you can see I clearly did! Second, did it follow a theme? Personally, I’m a fan of products that tie together, and this month’s box was based on “new beginnings and inspired awakenings.” I really think Yuzen hit it on the nose! The last thing that I feel is important with box subscriptions is being introduced to new products and companies. There were only two companies I was previously familiar with included in this box, so, again, I am impressed! Oh, and Yuzen gets bonus points for the best box presentation I’ve ever seen. So beautiful! I only wish I’d snapped photos before I opened it!
Do you subscribe to Yuzen? Are you interested? I’d love to know your thoughts on this or other subscription services! You can follow Yuzen on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to stay up-to-date on subscriptions and product discovery!